ASSIGNMENT FOR THIS WEEK
PRAY God’s work in you and us and our community
READ 1 Samuel 4 and keep reading Judges
OBEY God’s leading and guidance in your response
SHARE with another follower of Jesus how God is working – help one another and pray for one another
Further Study Notes
For March 5, 2017 message
Scripture passage – 1 Samuel 3:1 – 4:1
1. General comments and observations
2. In Henry Blackaby’s book, “Experiencing God,” he lays out four ways God speaks to people today:
- through the Bible
- through prayer
- through circumstances
- through His people
Discuss the following issues as you consider how God spoke in Samuel’s time
- How might God use those four ways of speaking to YOU today?
- Discuss the possibility of mishearing – who or what else could seek to influence us and why?
- Consider which, if any, of those four ways of speaking is most reliable and trustworthy – should any of them be more prioritized than any others? Why?
- How might God use all four ways to make Himself clear in any situation?
3. As the people of God, what is our responsibility when what God says in the Bible contradicts what the world’s culture says?
Is that YOUR response? Why or why not? How can we help one another?
4. Are there things in your life that you know God is calling you to repentance?
5. What will you apply and act on this week from what you have heard and read? Keep a record and ask someone else to pray for you and help you.